This card was bad from the very beginning. I started with Fabriano Hot Press 140 lb watercolor paper cut to 4 x 5 1/4″ and used Distress Inks, Worn Lipstick, Shaded Lilac and Squeezed Lemonade brayered onto the paper. I couldn’t get enough ink on it to make me happy to added more with water and a make up sponge and hated it, so I took out my Koi watercolors and used a purple and brushed it over the whole image to get a color I liked. Then I took four different circle shapes with Hero Hues Unicorn White pigment ink and made a bunch of circles on the background, some overlapping the others. I used a pencil eraser, a foam marshmallow
a homemade foam stamp (video on how to make them is attached at the end) and a sponge dauber
to make my circles. I heat set the ink and thought it was dry.I liked the way they looked but thought they would look better if I put some mica powder over my images, so used pink and purple LA Shadows eye shadow to make my background glittery. I needed to wipe the excess off, and accidentally smeared everything by using a damp cloth. (Apparently the ink wasn’t dry.) So now I really wanted to throw in the towel, but decided to give it one last try, so used Distress Oxides in Worn Lipstick and Wilted Violet and used my homemade stamp and added bokeh circles again. I also used the little foam dauber with the Unicorn white ink as well. I die cut the word happy three times from the Hero Arts set Happy and the words Mothers Day I stamped on the card with Unicorn White ink and then used Ranger white embossing powder to heat set it. I layered the happy’s together with Stampin’ Up’s glue pen (retired.) I used a brush with the Wilted Violet Distress Oxide ink and let it dry. I thought it would be nice to add the pink mica to the word happy.
I rounded my corners with a We R Memory Keepers 1 2 3 board, but you could probably use any corner rounder if you are stronger than I am. I cleaned my corners with a nail file you can buy in any nail polish department. I added foam tape under the bokeh page and then adhered it to a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ purple base.
To make my happy glittery, I added the pink eye shadow and some Wink of Stella type marker from Spectrum Noir.
I used Martha Stewart’s white glue on the back of the word happy to attach it to my card front. I liked the look of the Spectrum Noir marker, so added it to some of my other circles to make them more glittery. I got some of the pink on my marker, so used it on the back of the envelope and then added the pink eye shadow as well for more color. I stamped the back of my card with Made for you by Sandy Parker stamp.
This card was such a trial. I made so many mistakes and should have thrown it away so many times. In the end, I was happy with my card.