Today I did work on the album. I pulled both covers off and tried to color the white brick paper. What I discovered was this. Thin scrapbook paper is not made for coloring mediums. It was a mess and I couldn’t figure out a way to redeem it. In the end, I spilled a small container of water onto the paper and decided to throw it out. I can’t decide how I could have done anything differently, so my next move is to take gray paper and use texture paste on it to make it work. I think I’ll make the texture paste a mixture of gray and tan, as the photos of the bricks make it look brown in one light and gray in another.
I guess we’ll see how that plan goes, but for now, at least I have a plan…not a great one, but a plan.