I spent a lot of time working on the covers for my album. I wanted the bricks to really look authentic, so spent all evening putting on colored texture paste, waiting for three rows of bricks to dry, and then repeating the process. I might have made a huge mistake in laying rows of bricks on both the top and bottom at the same time, and now am reaching the middle. If my bricks don’t line up properly, I might have another major problem on my hands. I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Tomorrow’s blog post might include me crying and throwing in the towel on this album.
I took time out and planted a flower pot, and have always enjoyed planting, but made a really big mess while doing it. I guess I forgot that I’m not the Martha Stewart with her garden shed and a nice planting box. I just take my bag of soil and try not to miss the pot. It’s not a great system, but it’s all mine. I really like the look of it and hope I remember to water it enough so I don’t kill it in the first month. I don’t have the biggest green thumb, so there is a good chance I’ll kill it before the summer’s out. It’s really a case of forgetfulness, and thinking I watered it when I didn’t. I’m like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz–If I only had a brain….