I wanted to play with the new oxide inks today and thought, “How hard could it be?” I have to say that I haven’t really gotten used to them yet and really didn’t feel like anything I produced was truly amazing. I’ve watched so many other people use them and thought I could do something with a stencil, but that didn’t work. Then I tried using a stencil with water to remove the ink from under the stencil and that didn’t really work either. So I went to plan C. I had made some stamps out of fun foam shapes to show others how to make their own stamps. I hadn’t cut them apart or used them yet, so decided this was the perfect opportunity to use the oxide inks with them. I made a background image using them and it came out fine, but honestly, so far, I’m not thrilled with them. I thought I would be blown away by the inks and I’m not sure why I’m not. Maybe it’s because I just spent three hours and have one mediocre card to show for it. Maybe it’s because I had some really great plans for the inks (in my head) and none of them worked. Regardless, I’ll have to find a technique that works for me and maybe then I’ll fall in love with them. Then again, maybe not.