I wanted to use the background I just made with alcohol inks, as well as the new dies I bought from AliExpress. I laid two of the dies that were closest together in size and would fit inside a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card and taped them so they wouldn’t move, then attached red card stock to the dies and cut them with my Vagabond. The inside frame will pull apart from the outer paper (your outer paper needs to be 4″ x 5 1/4″ before you do your die cutting so that it’s the right dimension to fit on your card front. The background piece with alcohol ink should be smaller than 4 x 5 1/4″ so it is hidden behind your front, I’d cut it to 3 3/4″ x 5″ and then use tape and attach it to your card base. Then take the frames you die cut and remove the inner piece and use a piece of plastic (I used plastic from a set of stamps I bought) and put it inside the inner frame and tape it in there than attach that frame to the outer frame and put foam tape behind it. I used red marker on the outside of my foam tape so you don’t see white when you look at the card from the side. I also put some of the embossing buddy corn starch on the inside of the foam tape so my shaker items don’t stick to it. Don’t attach it yet, you’ll want to put your shaker things inside and stamp your sentiment inside. I used a sentiment from the same set as the hummingbird as well as a Happy Birthday sentiment that was just generic and used Versafine Onyx Black Ink and then used clear Ranger embossing powder and heat set it.
As for my shaker items, I used some sequins as well as the pieces that look like sequins but don’t have holes in them. I buy them at Hobby Lobby in the party section as they are confetti to put on tables. They come in round and square and I have both and they are all different sizes and colors.
After filling the confetti, I laid the card base with the alcohol ink background onto the confetti filled front of my card (making sure it’s right side up, which mine was not.)
I used a hummingbird from a Stampin’ Up set called Picture Perfect that had a four step stamping process and then I hand cut it out and use tape runner and attached it to the front of the acetate and bottom left corner of my card.
The memory card I used was going bad, so it made the video very choppy and I apologize that it was.