Some days you just don’t accomplish a lot. Today was one of those days. I started talking to Gracie Harrold a few weeks ago. She has a new craft YouTube channel for Disney Bounding. Her mother has been a long time subscriber of mine, and I offered to help Gracie with her channel. We are going to do a collaboration where we both make a card using the same theme. The theme is Guardians of the Galaxy, and I chose to use baby Groot as my focus. I’m not sure what Gracie will do, but I wanted to stick to the Disney topic and didn’t realize Guardians of the Galaxy is a Disney movie. I did some research and found a nice sized image of baby Groot and I think I’ll color it onto acetate and then use alcohol markers and embossing powder to create the image. I’m not sure how well it will turn out, but so far at least I have a plan. Sometimes, for me, the plan is the hardest part.
I’m also thinking of more ways to use my alcohol backgrounds. One thing I don’t want to do, is create a bunch of backgrounds and then have them lay in a pile for months or years until I finally throw them away. My intention for these is to actually use them. I saw Lindsay make a card using old die cuts she had made. I’ve been wanting to send a card to a friend in Texas who raises chickens and haven’t been able to master anything to my liking. I tried coloring a gaggle (bunch) of chicks, and they didn’t turn out the way I intended. I think they might be destined for the trash. Instead, now I think I’ll use one of the backgrounds and die cut a bunch of feathers and attach the feathers to my card. I’m not sure if I’ll love it, but it’s better than the chicks I painted. The project has nowhere to go but up.