I bought a small die with birds on a wire from AliExpress and really wanted to see what I could do with them. Here is the link to the bird dies that I paid 93 cents for. Please remember that their prices can change. https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?ltype=wholesale&d=y&origin=y&isViewCP=y&catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170526062217&SearchText=bird+party+die+metal&blanktest=0&tc=af
I started by using the dies with several different colors of cardstock. I used an 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Recollections white 110 pound cardstock and scored it on the 8 1/2″ length at 4 1/4″ to make the card a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card (an A2 size card.)
I used two other rectangle dies I bought from AliExpress that were the two largest in the set. Here’s the link and I paid $2.39 for the set.
I centered them on each other and washi taped them together and put them in the middle of the front of the card and ran it through my die cutter making sure that the card is open so I’m only cutting through the front of the card . I used My Creative Times This and That stamp set for my sentiments and stamped it on a scrap piece of white cardstock. I used another rectangle set to cut the sentiment and edged it with the same ink I’ve been using.
I took the center out of the two rectangle shaped die cuts and put some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink on a piece of plastic and added water to it and painted it on the rectangle so it looked like sky blue, then let it dry. I did the same thing with the inside of my card to make it look like sky as well. I decided to smoosh ink inside the card and then pressed the plastic into the ink pad then pressed the plastic onto the inside of the card to make it look like clouds, then dried the card.
I used three brown die cuts of the birds and cut out the individual birds in different colors and glued them to my brown die cut. I alternated the placement of the birds on all three wires so that the bird colors were varied on the card. It would be a lot easier if you die cut three birds on a wire in white and then colored them. I never thought of that, Rich asked why didn’t I just color them. Geez.
I had some plastic from a stamp set and laid it behind my front of the card and used a lot of tape runner to adhere it. Then I used a Zig Glue Pen and put some on the back of each bird and their wire and then laid them on the acetate/plastic. After making sure they were glued down, I added the inside rectangle die cut that I had colored blue. The back of my card did get blue spots of ink (even though I cleaned my area thoroughly.) So I cut a piece of white cardstock that is 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ and put glue on it and applied it to the back of my card. I realized after stamping my “Made by Sandy Parker” stamp on it, that there was no good place to write in the card, so tore that piece of paper back off. In the end, I glued the card shut so the clouds were really visible and no writing would show. I decided that I should add another card base to it. I added an 8 1/2 x 5 1/2″ piece of white cardstock to the back scored on the 8 1/2″ length at 4 1/4″ . I’m sorry I forgot to mention that in the video.
I had an extra line of birds, so glued them to the back flap of the envelope.
I used three peg stamps and Versamark ink with chalk colors that matched my birds. The peg stamps are soponaria solid, dainty floral and another tiny flower. The chalks I used were from Inkadinkado and the applicators are from Sofft sponge applicators.