I saw the idea of this card in a photo somewhere and wish I could find it again. I think it was in an old card magazine and feel bad I don’t remember which one.
I started with a piece of 110 lb white cardstock that was square 5 1/4″ and traced my largest circle stitched die from AliExpress and here’s a link to them. I think I paid $2.43 for the set.
After putting the largest circle in the center of my paper, I traced the outside with a pencil, then used a ruler (it would have been so much easier if I had used a protractor so each piece of the pie was the exact same size as the next.) I centered my ruler horizontally an drew a line across with my pencil, then I centered the ruler vertically and drew a line. Then divided each of the four pieces in half and drew a line to end up with eight similarly sized pieces of pie. Then I took my markers, Spectrum Noir and Touch 5 and colored them in rainbow order. The red was Spectrum Noir DR4, then the rest of the colors in order are OR1, LY3 and 43 , 72, 87, 83, and 147. The order is red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, lavender and purple. You want to color to your lines and then you can color outside the back of the pie as far as you want as none of this will show.
I took all of my circle dies and centered them on the image and made sure they were perfectly centered then put washi across all of them and around the back so the dies are well adhered, then ran them through my die cutter. I carefully held onto them and put scotch tape across the back vertically and horizontally to hold them in place. I put foam tape behind the circle and adhered it to the center of a 5 1/2″ square white pre-made card.
I used sentiments from TAC Trendy Greetings (after researching, TAC stands for The Angel Company) and the set Floral Sentiments from My Creative Times for my sentiments.
I show me stamping my images on vellum but didn’t like how the vellum looked, so re-stamped them with Versafine Onyx Black ink on white scraps of card stock and used clear embossing powder by Ranger, heat setting them and layered them on a red piece of cardstock as it was for a 40th anniversary which is the ruby anniversary. I didn’t measure the white cardstock as I just trimmed them so the sentiment had about 1/8″ above and below it and made them long enough to fit on the card where I wanted them. I added about a 1/8″ border of red behind the white so you could just see the red and trimmed the red with scissors to fit there and used a tape runner to adhere the two together and attach them to the card..
I had chipboard letters and numbers and found 40 so laid it on a Distress Festive Berries ink to make it red and used my micro brushes that I bought from Wish.com for $1, to color the edges, then clear embossing powder and heat set it to make the chipboard letters shiny. I put the 40 below the “Happy Anniversary” sentiment I put on the inside of the card. I was going to put it on the front of the card but didn’t like it there.
In the end, the card looked close to my vision, and I hope you like it.