I started with a big background stamp called Rose Background 1229-K from Stamp Oasis that’s older and I looked online and couldn’t find any where that sold it. Sorry. There are a lot of really pretty rose background stamps available though. Here are a couple I found on ebay that I really liked. http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROSES-AND-BUDS-NEW-BACKGROUND-RUBBER-STAMP-3-x-4-x-1-Montage-Collection-/182744901019?hash=item2a8c71e59b:g:BUgAAOSw2ENW7aoi and
I used pink and purple 5 1/4″ tall by 4″ wide pieces of card stock and a pigment ink from Hero Arts called Unicorn White. With my stamp laying stamp side up on the surface of my work space, I inked the stamp and placed the card stock on the right edge and bottom right corner of the stamp, then rub the card stock all over with the side of your hand to ensure the ink transfers. When you off-set your design, you make sure that the pattern is the same direction, and you move your paper a little bit to the left, but still along the bottom edge and stamp with another color. The ink can be dye based, but you’ll need to make sure your white ink is either heat set, or sits overnight to dry before stamping with another color.
I used Distress Oxides and colored the green of my leaves, then stamped back over the whole design with the Unicorn white ink to enhance the pattern. Because I put the paper in the right hand corner both times I stamped with white, the ink will end up in the same spot both times and allows you to accentuate the green ink beneath.
I used a white Uni Posca marker to color in my flowers to accentuate the design of the flowers after I painted them with Distress Oxides and they were dry.
I used different discontinued pink pigment inks from Stampin’ Up on a light pink cardstock with the Unicorn white stamped first, and then moving the paper about 1/16″ to the left, to offset the design and really make it pop. The Stampin’ Up inks also need to be heat set as would any pigment ink. Pigment inks are easy to find and here are some ideas of some inexpensive ones if you are interested in trying them. Clearsnap Colorbox 5 ct cats’ eyes are small and come in a wide variety of colors.. currently on sale for $8.39 at Joanns. Here’s a link to them. http://www.joann.com/clearsnap-colorbox-5ct-cats-eye-pigment-ink/zprd_14944029a.html#q=cats%2Beye%2Bink&start=1
Pigment inks are slow to dry, so you either need to heat set them, emboss and heat set them, or let them sit overnight to be sure they are dry. They are exactly the same color as they appear in the packaging, so it makes it nice when you are looking for a particular color, because what you see is what you get. I don’t own many because I’ve very impatient to continue projects, but do like to use them from time to time.
I started with an 8 1/2″ wide by 5 1/2″ tall brighter pink card stock and scored it at 4 1/4″ on the 8 1/2″ side to create an A2 size card.
I used some Old Olive Stampin’ Up ink on a piece of acetate and using a little water, mixed the ink and water. I then watercolored the leaves on the pink cardstock that had the brighter pink flowers on it with a paint brush.
I used a die from Serendipity Stamps that says “Hello” on it and die cut the pink flowered card stock. Keep all of the pieces that come out of the die as you’ll need some of them later. I used Scrapbook Adhesive tape runner to attach my flowered card stock to the card base without the hello…I had to use a Zig 2 Way Glue Pen and put glue inside the cut out for hello, so my new die cut will fit inside and stay there. It’s important you put as much glue in the opening as possible. I die cut a darker pink Hello and laid it in the spot where I cut the hello from and once it’s in place, find the pieces that are missing that you saved from the first time you cut the hello out of the flowered paper. I used a Spectrum Noir glitter marker to go over the flowers and the Hello to make it a little bit sparkly.
At this point in the video, I talked about my facebook page, crafting for almost everyone. I would like to see the facebook page be more interactive with my viewers, so am encouraging people to put some of their project photos there. It’s simple to do..where it says write something (I think), you would write whatever you want, and then below it says attach photo, and you can add your photo of your project there. I love to see what my viewers are creating and I’m sure other viewers would enjoy seeing others projects as well. Please do not write anything negative on people’s projects as they are sharing their best…you can save any negative commentary for me on this channel if you want. I think it will be so much fun to see more and more people adding their projects to the facebook page because it gives us a space that’s all our own to share with each other and the world.
For my envelopes, I used some purple sprays that I just bought at Michaels and made a rounded rectangular shape and laid it on the envelope before I sprayed it so it created a space for the address. (This didn’t turn out perfectly, but I kept going.) To decorate around the purple spray, I used peg stamps, Three ripply flowers, and a leafy branch with Vintage Violet (discontinued, I think) ink from Stampin’ Up and Old Olive ink for the leaves. I stamped Blushing Bride ink from Stampin’ Up with brambly roses from peg stamps and a strawberry leaf and Old Olive ink, on the back of the envelope for the pink cards.
On the purple cards, I used an Old Olive colored die cut, so used a similar sheer ribbon near the top and tied it into a bow. I apologize that my camera cut out for part of it. You know how these things happen, darn it.
In person, the words show up much better than they do on camera and I apologize that you can’t see it as well as I would like.