Monochromatic Card with Fiskars Petals from Scratch

I wanted to make a group of different colored card bases and use a slightly darker ink on them. I really liked this Fiskars stamp set for it…I found it on Joanns site, and here’s a link to it. It’s called Petals from Scratch and was $4.99 on their site.

I started with a vibrant green card stock that is 5 1/2″ wide by 4 1/4″ tall. (I did end up cutting it to 5 1/4″ x 4″ in the end.) I used Hero Arts Shadow Ink in Forever Green and used a stamp positioning tool, and in my case, a MISTI. Tim Holtz makes one that is less expensive, as is the Stamp Perfect from Hampton Arts, that is currently only available in the US on Ebay.
I took all of my bigger floral images and positioned them on the left side of my card stock with some of them trailing off the left side of the paper. You’ll want your images to be as close together as possible, but I kept some small images out of the initial positioning, so I could fill the spots in later where I had gaps. After positioning your stamps, you’ll want to ink and stamp them more than once with the same color ink so they are really dark and vibrant. Once you like your results, remove the card from your stamp positioning tool and lay it on a piece of fun foam or a phone book or anything that’s squishy, so inking will be better and more consistent. I used the smallest floral stamp in the same stamp set and filled little spots where there are no stamps. After I convinced myself I had filled with enough flowers, I took my Hero Hues Unicorn White ink and a pencil eraser to fill little white dots around my image. I found by stamping those twice (the second time after they have dried,) I got a nice white image. Then I took my white gel pen from Gelli Roll, and traced the insides of the flowers and made dots in the centers of the tiny flowers to create a more vibrant look. Then I took a Prismacolor white colored pencil and colored inside my flowers. I could have stopped there, but decided to make tiny dots all over with my white gel pen.
For my sentiment, I took the Hero Arts set called Hello stamp and die set, $12.99 full price at Joanns.
I die cut the Hello with a white scrap and then used a piece of washi tape behind Hello and taped it to a scrap paper. I used the scrap paper to press the die cut into the same green ink pad, then used Ranger clear embossing powder and held the scrap paper to use it to hold the die cut while heat embossing it. I set this aside until the rest of the card was complete.

I used the other half of the green card stock to punch a flower out of the center with an EK Success paper punch and used another lighter green card stock with the same punch. I took the green ink and laid the green card stock (with the center punched out) on scrap paper and inked the edges with the green ink so the edges (at least 1/4″ wide) are darker like the flowers on the stamped image. I cut this piece to 5 3/8″ x 4 1/8″ before inking it and used tape runner to adhere this to the back of my stamped piece that is 5 1/4″ x 4 “… I layered both on a white card base that is 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ and scored in half on the 8 1/2″ side at 4 1/4″, making our card 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ when folded. I used the same tape runner to layer these together.

I used the flower that I punched out of the center of my green paper and laid it on scrap paper and inked it with my green ink, then offset another lighter green flower under it and attached them together with tape runner. I layered a punched piece of vellum that was 1 3/4” on top of the two flowers with tape runner. Then I took a white paper scrap and stamped it with the green ink and used clear embossing powder and heat set “just a note to say”  from the Hello stamp/die set, then ran it through my die cutter with a circle die that had a stitch around the edge that was about 1 1/2″.  Next,  put a piece of foam tape under the white circle. I added gold thin wire and wrapped it loosely around my hand several times and then laid it on the foam tape on the back of the white circle and arranged the loops to look like petals, then put another piece of fun foam on the wire and laid it on the vellum to attach it to the card. I took the Hello sentiment that I had heat embossed and added Tombow Mono Adhesive to a scrap paper with a micro brush I bought on Aliexpress to add glue to the back of the die cut. IThese also work great if ink ever skips on a project.) Here’s a link to some.
After gluing the die cut, I found a place where I liked the sentiment on the card and glued it down.
I found a tiny flower in the set and stamped the back of the envelope and three on the bottom right corner of the envelope along with a swirl that came in the stamp set. I stamped it inside the card and on the back of the envelope as well.
I really liked making this card and hope you enjoyed it as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s