Distress, Distress Oxides Inks and the Altenew Peony Bouquet Layered Set

I wanted to send a card to one of my viewers, and she likes the color blue. When I started, I really didn’t know where I was going with it, so I’ve done a lot of different techniques. I started with the background, and used Distress Inks to create the background. I demonstrated with Fabriano hot press watercolor paper. I used Blueprint Sketch, Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean and Shaded Lilac and rubbed the ink pads directly onto the watercolor paper. You can use a waterbrush or a regular brush with some water, and smear the inks around to blend them. You need to make sure that you really dry the paper well before the next step. You can let them set overnight, or use a heat tool to do this.

I used the stamp set Peony Bouquet from Altenew and my sentiment came from Essentials by Ellen and was called Spread the Sparkle.

The next step involves embossing, so I used the corn starch filled pouch to rub over the front of the card and used Versafine Onyx Black ink to stamp all of the flowers then Ranger clear embossing powder and heat set the images. I laid my flowers inside the MISTI, but you can easily stamp these where you want them with an acrylic block.
After stamping the entire card, I used my Touch Five Alcohol markers in shades of purples and reds to accent the flowers, then took Distress Oxides with the next layers of the stamp set to give the flowers real dimension. I used Candied Apples, Seedless Preserves, Picked Raspberry and Abandoned Coral Distress Oxides to do this.
I used a micro-brush that I bought from Aliexpress in the make up area to fill in small dots on the berries.To find the brushes, I typed in micro brush make up and found these for around $2 for 50 of them.
I used a black Recollections heavyweight card stock for my card base that was 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored on the 8 1/2″ width at 4 1/4″, to make a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card. My card front was trimmed to 4 1/8″ by 5 3/8″ so there’s a very small border of black around the card. I lined the inside of the card with a piece of white card stock that was 4″ x 5 1/4″. I used fun foam to line the back of the floral card front and showed how to trim it to fit and used my ATG to attach the foam to the front of the card base.
I used Spectrum Noir Shimmer Pen to color all of the flowers, leaves and berries so the cared was very sparkly.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Distress, Distress Oxides Inks and the Altenew Peony Bouquet Layered Set

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s