I had talked about a card I was making and how it needed a little something on the front. One of my blog readers sent me a note and suggested the word “hope.” I loved the idea and went back in and revamped the card and the video to include it. I really like the look of the card, but the video is another story. At the beginning of my videos I’ve been showing the sign my girlfriend made for me for Christmas. On this video, I forgot to change the setting of the camera, so for the whole first segment of the video, it was zoomed in, so that you miss a lot of what’s going on. I feel completely terrible about it and am not sure if I should even show the card. I really like the end card, but the first ten minutes of video are so far out of frame that it’s embarrassing. Even worse, Rich and I just had a conversation about how I shouldn’t zoom in so much because I’ve been having trouble staying in frame. I completely forgot to check the camera after the opening segment and that’s all my fault. I’m so mad at myself, because there’s a great technique showing how to make what looks like barn wood, but you barely get to see it.
I made another card as I’ve been having conversations with viewers whose hands shake, and I was trying to come up with a technique that they could do. I ended up doing finger painting…It was a lot of fun and I hope it’s something that these ladies can try. But at the end of the video, I accidentally ran out of battery and didn’t realize it, so I’ll need to re-shoot the end of the video. Sometimes things just don’t go well for me…Drat!