I have been wanting to make a card with a hummingbird stamp for a viewer. I had a vision of making the bird really three dimensional, so today I worked on the card. The background was white, and I really didn’t like it. So I decided to watercolor it a bluish tone. BIG MISTAKE! At this point, I’m at the hot mess stage and not sure what I want to do next, but I think I’m going to have to cut the hummingbird and it’s flower out of the original card stock to eliminate the ugly blue background. I’m hoping I can edit it out of the end card, because it is really bad.
I cut out some different fiber type papers to maybe make a background that is almost like burlap, but that doesn’t sound like it will work well, so I’m on to thinking of other ideas. I might try to find some handmade paper that I can layer it on. All in all, I’m starting to freak out, but hope by tomorrow I have a plan that will save the hummingbird card. Cross your fingers, we’re in for a long and bumpy ride.