Turning a Valentines Frame Into St. Patrick’s Day Door Hanger

I took the Valentine’s wreath/frame and used my heat tool to heat the hot glue I’d used to attach the Valentine’s decorations. If you heat where you applied glue, you’ll be able to take off the old pieces without damaging the frame.

I went to the Dollar Tree for the new decorations and liked the long door hanger with the hat on top, then cut off all of the shamrocks except one. I attached the hat to the back of the frame with hot glue and shortened the ribbon so it hung close to the top of the frame. I had some ribbon that a viewer had sent me, that was wrapped around cardboard, so it had a lot of kinks in it. The ribbon had what looks like plastic white coating as it’s design, and normally I would have run the ribbon through a hair straightener to remove the kinks, but didn’t think it would work with this ribbon, as I felt it would melt the pattern. Instead I wet the ribbon, stretched it and used my heat tool on it (waving it back and forth) to remove most of the kinks. I wrapped a length of the ribbon around the top of the frame about 1 1/2″ from the left side of the frame, with the end of the ribbon hot glued to the back of the frame. I bought some foam scatters from the Dollar Tree and glued two of the shamrocks and one of the gold coins onto the ribbon, then cut the bottom of the ribbon in a whales’ tail fashion, by cutting a small slit in the center of the ribbon, the cutting in from either side up to the point where the center slit ends.
I mentioned that I would show the bag from the glue sticks, but forgot to do so. If you go to this link, it will show you the glue sticks I DON’T recommend from Ad Tech. http://tinyurl.com/y6q5jcq3 Below is the link to the glue sticks that one of my viewers recommended that you can buy at Michaels by ArtMinds, http://tinyurl.com/yxsjttqu..I’ve never tried these, as an fyi.
I wrapped another length of the ribbon around the top of the frame about an 1 1/2″ from the right side of the opening of the frame, and glued it in place. I added five of the foam scatters that were smaller to this side. I took the large shamrocks that I removed from the large center banner, and glued them to the side and bottom of the wreath. I added a length of the ribbon to the bottom portion of the frame, then glued three different sized foam pieces to it. I had another long sticker that said the word “luck” left from last year’s St. Patrick’s Day decorations, and glued it to the right side of the frame, and the frame/wreath is done.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s