Fun w/ Distress Oxide Inks, Using My Stash To Make a Card

I wanted to make a fun congratulations card for a professor of Rich’s and mine from college.  I wanted to use supplies from my stash, and think the card is really fun and frisky.

I started by using a Hero Arts stamp set called “Congrats” in my MISTI on 5 x 7″ card base from Recollections heavyweight card stock from Michaels. I stamped Versafine Onyx Black ink several times to ensure a very black image and then used clear embossing powder and heat set it. I divided the front of my card into thirds and used Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide ink on the top third, then Broken China in the center, and Wilted Violet on the bottom section. I have corresponding felt ribbons colors to adhere over the inks that I bought at Hallmark after Christmas on clearance..

To ink the card, I put scrap paper inside the card but sticking out on the edges and another piece of scrap paper under the card sticking out the left edge, so I don’t get ink on the inside of the card base or on the back of the card base.  I taped a paper to block the parts of the card I don’t want to get ink on, and then ran the ink pad directly over the area I want to be that color. Then I took a brush I bought on Aliexpress and blended the ink into the surface. link: https://tinyurl.com/s9u2fl5 I moved the paper with each color change, to ensure the colors didn’t blur into the areas where I didn’t want them to be. Once you color the top section where the words have been embossed, you’ll want to take a damp cloth and wipe the letters so they are dark and shiny again. After coloring the front of the card, glue the felt ribbon about 1/2″ above the color change. I bought my ribbon after Christmas at a Hallmark store on clearance, but didn’t know where else to find it, and checked Aliexpress and found this…link: https://tinyurl.com/ugzeejv I decided the front of my card needed something else, so used glittery brads that matched the colors on the front, and strategically placed them on the front of the card. I decided I needed to cover the backs of the brads, so took a piece of the same cardstock that was 4 7/8″ wide by 7″ tall and glued it to the left inside of the card. I stamped more sentiments from the same stamp set inside the card. I took two different sparkly washi tapes and glued them to my envelope to make the envelope and card match.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s