I bought a set of 24 White Nights watercolors on Ebay for $32 link: https://tinyurl.com/y6bh3f6m and although they don’t show a palette, the set does come with one. I wasn’t especially happy with it, as it was plastic, so bought a pink metal Meeden palette from Amazon, ( Link: https://tinyurl.com/y25nkfgv) and put the full pans inside it.
I had seen the swatch stamps that Waffleflower.com sells in their online store. I went there and found that they give the swatch stamps away. I was blown away, and here’s the link to their free swatches. https://tinyurl.com/y6krrrfm I put a piece of watercolor paper cut to 8 1/2″ x 11″ into my normal printer and easily print the swatches on it. From there, I swatched all of the watercolors then put packing tape around the card (didn’t feel like using the laminator) and put Velcro pieces behind the card and attached it to the lid of the White Night palette. The brushes I used are from Grace Art and I like them very much.. link: https://tinyurl.com/y25awaba The digital stamp I used is called Nasturtium and is from Sparkle ‘n Sprinkle. Unfortunately, it appears they are no longer in business, so the stamp isn’t available (that I could find online.) Digital stamps are great, they’re inexpensive and come both colored or ready to color, and all you do is download them to your computer then print them when you need one. They’re a great space saver, and require no postage or wait time to get them. I used Canson XL watercolor paper (available at any Walmart, 9 x 12″ pad) and cut it to 8 1/2 x 11″ and ran it through my printer for the Nasturtium. I colored the red flowers with a lighter red paint, and the lilly pads with a couple of greens and a yellow color, and the yellow nasturtiums with both yellows and a little golden. I added highlights by adding a little darker red or darker green to the existing colors and painting the lines in the image. I used a 5 x 7″ gold card base, and used another lighter gold layer that is 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ and used a corner punch that cuts notches (you could also cut small notches on your corners without using a punch), and ran red embroidery floss around each corner to make a frame around the layer. I added thin foam tape under the floral image and laid it on the center of the frame, then added another layer of foam tape under the layer and added it to the card base.
I added a sentiment that I used a Black Sharpie to color all of the edges, that was cut to 5″ long and tall enough for the sentiment, maybe 3/4″. The sentiment came from an old Penny Black stamp set called Eloquence link: https://tinyurl.com/y53nns5p.
Just so you know, I only add the product links so it’s easier for you to find them. I recommend that you do price shopping before you buy things, and I don’t make any money from the links I give you….