I came up with an idea of how to use large background dies, and I’ve never seen anyone else do this, so thought I’d give it a whirl.
Thanks to the kind people at Queenacraft.com for sending me these dies. They’re also offering a 10% discount to my viewers with no expiration date.
Use the code Crafting while checking out for the discount.
hollow leaves background die link: https://queenacraft.com/collections/naturaldies/products/original-hollow-leaves-nature-background-die
roses background die link: https://queenacraft.com/products/original-roses-background-dies?_pos=2&_sid=67eadded0&_ss=r
I ran an empty laminating pouch through my laminator to get a thick acetate consistency, but you could also use a medium to heavy weight regular acetate for this technique.
I used pink cardstock to cut out the roses die and a lighter green cardstock to cut out the leaf die, then using tear tape or redline tape, attach the die to the acetate. If you use a wet glue, it won’t hold the acetate, so make sure you use tape of some kind to adhere the two together. Then once the two are adhered, take whatever alcohol markers you like, and color the back of the images. I used Arttx alcohol markers. Use darker colors, or they won’t show up and use the larger nib so you don’t get a liney, splotchy, smeary look.
Once the ink was dry, I attached the pink roses to a piece of gold glitter cardstock and then adhered that to a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ white cardstock, and used Dusty Concord Distress Oxide ink around the edges of the white cardstock, so it enhanced the pink front.
For the leaves, I colored them a few shades of green, then realized I preferred one color of green, and went back over it, using the darker green. If you make a mistake, you can wipe it off with a cloth or if it’s dry, you can use a cloth or Q-tip and rubbing alcohol to wipe off the acetate. I used a 5 x 7: card base in the same green and glued the image directly to the card base, then added a “hi” sentiment die cut to the front in black cardstock.