A very close friend just got married and I wanted to make a card that would be sweet and fast, because I made it at the last minute.
I used Bristol Strathmore paper 10″ x 7″ scored at 5″ on the 10′ length to make a 5 x 7″ card. I cut an additional piece of the same paper at 5 x a little under 7″ to glue to the back. I cut a congratulations die and used the die set from Aliexpress of hearts and used one of the biggest dies to cut the front out of my card. I also used a stamp set from Aliexpress that is called Dream. Here’s a link to the page I found it on. You’ll want to look through the pages to make sure you find the lowest price. It’s the second image on this page at the top. https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20170715170916&SearchText=dream+stamp+scrapbook+clear
The heart die set is $2.97 in the eighth row down on this link. It might not be the lowest price, so I’d check the other pages to make sure you get the best price.
I took the heart out of the front of the card and put the big swirl image from the dream stamp set into the MISTI. I used Melon Mambo ink from Stampin’ Up and stamped the image. After repeatedly stamping until the color was dark and consistent, I moved the card to another position and stamped the same stamp using a post-it-note as a mask so I didn’t overlap my stamping. I covered the entire card front with the swirl image.
When the Aliexpress stamps are new, they need to be cleaned with a baby wipe or baby shampoo or Dawn detergent so they will accept the ink. If they don’t, rub gently with a nail file—gently.
Any places on the card front that didn’t have enough ink coverage, I created my own pattern to fill the empty spaces with a Melon Mambo marker. If you don’t have a matching marker, you could use a micro brush or Fantastix, or toothpick, to draw little swirls or dots.. I don’t think anyone would notice as there is such a busy pattern on the front. I did have a little overlap of ink near the top, so put my ribbon there. I also had some ink overlap on the left near the bottom, so put my sentiment there. It’s not hard to be creative when you need to cover ink errors.
I added the 4 7/8″ x 7″ piece to the back of the front of my card so I have a surface to attach the heart to. I added fun foam to the back of the heart with fun foam and put tear tape on the back of the fun foam and glued it into the heart opening on the card. I took a sentiment from the same dream set and stamped it on white card stock and used a 1 1/4″ square scallop punch to cut out the sentiment, took tear tape and adhered it to the card where I had ink overlapping. I used white chiffon ribbon and sliced a line on the seam of the card where I wanted to thread my ribbon. Wrapped the ribbon around the card and tied a bow where the ink was overlapping to cover that little boo boo.
I used Ranger multi matte medium to glue a pink die cut of the word congratulations on the heart. If you start in the center of the word and work in either direction, you have a better chance of centering the word where you want it. You can also die cut the heart and lay the congratulations die where you want it in the heart and cut it out. Then put the heart over the heart on your card and lay your die cut into the spot where you cut it out of the heart, glue it in, and remove the heart once your die cut is where it needs to be. You need to be very careful that you don’t glue that heart down.
I had a problem with getting ink inside my card, so I eliminated the back and cut another piece of white cardstock that was 6″ x 7″ and I scored the 6″ side at 1″ and folded it. I put tear tape on the one inch scored piece and then attached the one inch piece to the back of the front of the card as I had to cut off the back because both the front and back of that piece of cardstock had ink on it.
I had a stamp runner that I had purchased from Zulily a long time ago that almost matched the melon mambo color, so I ran the hearts along the flap of the envelope to finish the card.