4/21/2018

Today was the local library’s book sale, and Rich took me so we could stock up.  There weren’t a lot of people when we got there, so we were able to read back covers and hopefully, find new authors we might like.  Since we already have a lot of books we haven’t read, there’s a good chance that we have most of our favorite authors’ books, so buying them only leads to duplicates.  We’ve found this out the hard way.

Rich came home and opened one he really thought he would like, only to find instead of a suspense/mystery, it appears to be a romance novel.  Let’s just say he was under impressed, (but I thought it was really funny.)  If I had to bet, I’d say it’s going in the donate pile.

I spent most of the afternoon and evening working on the album I’m making.  I’ve had so many things go wrong with this project…From gluing pages together, to gluing the cover together before I put two brads through it, and so on.  I’m pretty sure I’ll be adding a pocket, or some kind of embellishments to the inside cover to ensure that I cover the backs of the brads, but before I do that, I need to finish the front cover so I don’t have the same problem with another embellishment I choose for the front.  I showed the lock and key I’m using for the front cover.  Tim Holtz has one in his lock embellishments that’s coppery colored.  It was perfect for my cover.  And because there was only one coppery colored one, they only provided two coppery colored brads to attach it.  I knew they were small, but the minute I tried to insert one, it disappeared.  I search myself for over an hour, before enlisting Rich’s help.  Luckily he found it, but it did take him quite a while.  He wondered if they could maybe make them smaller, so they would be completely invisible.  (Let’s just say he wasn’t excited to be crawling around looking for the smallest brad known to man.)  I ended by attaching the second brad and throwing in the towel for the day.   I do need help with something.  I have corner covers that are metal(ish).  I don’t know what they are made out of, but a magnet won’t pick them up.  The ones I’ve bought look like brass.  Do any of you know how I could make them look coppery?  I thought about spray painting them, but they look antiqued now, and I don’t know of any spray paint that would allow them to look antiqued once spray painted.  I’d appreciate any help I can get to make these look like they belong on the album.

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “4/21/2018

  1. Could you sponge on versamark and sprinkle on several embossing powders like copper, bronze, and even a bit of black. Sprinkle lightly and they might keep the antique look. I’d do a few practice pieces first.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s