Arteza Brush Markers & An Acetate Clear Card w/ Daisies

I wanted to say hello to my friends in Canada going through rehab…My good friend there (who’d like to remain nameless), is part of this group and loves gerber daisies….
The stamps I used are:
Gerber Daisy: Inkadinkado 97774-0
Leaf: Rubber Stampede Aspen A2496F

I put a scrap of white paper in the MISTI for stamping and colored the daisy with Arteza Real Brush Markers. I used reds, oranges and yellows. A112 (orange) A169 (orange rust), and Cadmium orange A140 on the edges. I stamped with these inks, then using a waterbrush, pulled the inks from the lines and colored in the flowers. I changed to yellows and reds, and did the same with them. I wanted several flowers and leaves so made at least two in each color. For the leaves I used A126 Crocodile green, and A120 and a Ginger A138. I ended up using Stampin’ Up Old Olive, in addition to the markers I used, then used the water brush to add in the additional inks.
I die cut four “hello” dies then put wet glue on them and layered them, after coloring them with Tangelo Twist by Stampin’ Up. Then put an ink pad on it to hold them together. I added a lot of Glossy Accents to the hello layered dies to make them really 3-d and shiny. After cutting out the flowers and leaves, I decided to re-stamp them with a matching ink so the veining would show. I stamped all of the flowers and all of the leaves so they stood out more than they had up to this point.. I lined up the flowers on the stamp and with the stamp facing up, placed the flower onto the inked stamp to achieve this effect.
I used a 5 x 7″ card base that was pre-made and kind of flimsy. So I glued it together to make it more sturdy and took a piece of acetate I got from a stamp set that was cut to 5 1/4″ wide and 7″ tall, I scored it at 1/4″ on the 5 1/4″ length, then flipped it over and scored it at the same 1/4″, so it was pliable, and using my bone folder, I folded the score line so it was as flat as possible and would wrap around my card base..I added tear tape to the back left edge of the card base, then wrapped the acetate around it. The acetate is the front flap of the card.
I made a big mess on the back of the card, and didn’t like seeing that small strip of acetate, so added another layer of white cardstock to the back that was also 4 7/8″ wide by 7″ tall.
I added some Stickles to my flowers in yellow, red and orange, then once they were dry, used Tombow Mono Aqua glue to the acetate and glued my leaves and flowers on the front of the card. I left room for hello, and glued it near the top left side of the card.
I decided I needed to add colored plastic dots in the centers of the flowers, and didn’t think they were big enough, so added Stickles in small dots around the plastic centers. I colored the flower centers with alcohol markers when they didn’t match the flower I was gluing them to..Then trimmed all of the edges of my card from the underside, so I could easily see where to cut..
I used two peg stamps for the envelope: Both came from the floral filigree wreath stamp set. https://pegstamps.com/floral-filigree-wreath-peg-stamp-set.html
When using new peg stamps, if you have a thin image, you need to trim the excess around the image with your Tim Holtz scissors.

I stamped my daisy with Stampin’ Up Only Orange and Hero Arts Red Reactive ink to dab around the edges for the front and back of the envelope, then added Stampin’ Up ink Old Olive ink for the leaf stamp.
I had a little spot on the front of the card so used a Tombow Mono Sand Eraser to remove most of the ink.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s