Arteza Brush Marker Watercoloring + Swatching for 48 set

My girlfriend, Sherri, said that her Arteza brush pen set doesn’t have the names or numbers on them, so I swatched them out for her (and anyone else whose Arteza brush pen set of 48 doesn’t have that information on them)..
I bought my set of 48 and then was contacted by Arteza about trying them out to see if I liked them…They refunded my purchase price and gave me a discount code for all of you to use.

Here is the discount code Crafting1 and here is the link they would like you to use to get to their site. ( The discount is available until October 17, 2018.) (site for USA) (site for Europe)

As always, I don’t accept any monies for the purchases you make, or for discussing their products.

I started by swatching all of the brush pens and listing their names and numbers, then went into card making with them. I used a stamp from Unity Rubber Stamps called Wild Poppy Silhouette and here’s the link to it:
I used Fabriano hotpress watercolor paper that I bought at A C Moore…I placed a 4″ x 5 1/4″ piece of the watercolor paper toward the top middle of my MISTI and put a magnet on it to hold it in place.
I started with Lemon Yellow and colored the very tops of each of the flowers. I found that I can only color a little with each brush pen before closing the MISTI lid…I added a little water to the stamp with a spray bottle from the Dollar Tree, and then re-inked the flowers and stamped the yellow again. Then I went onto Red, and colored below the yellow on each flower and then wet it and closed the lid. I repeated the process to ensure my poppies had a significant amount of red on them. I added wine red to the bottoms of each flower, wet it and then closed the lid. I used chamomile and olive green on the stems and leaves, wet the image and closed the door. I used a rag to take off any splotches of color and to clean my stamp between colors.
I wanted to make some splotches on my background, so used Summer Sun ink from Stampin’ Up and then used Real red ink on a toothbrush, and flicked the toothbrush to transfer small drops of ink onto the background.
I used sentiments from LDRS Creative called Growing Garden, that was on clearance for $4.50 and here’s the link to it.

I stamped them with Always Artichoke ink from Stampin; Up and stamped them on a white card base that is 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ scored on the 8 1/2″ length at 4 1/4″ to make it a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card base. I use Recollections Heavyweight card stock that is 110 lbs and really like it.
I took a piece of white fun foam and laid it behind my stamped image, and off set it to cut it so once I trimmed it, it would fit under my image without showing.
I added some red ribbon to the front (and regret that now) and attached the fun foam with Tonic Funky Glue Pen I was sent from a friend. I added a lot so it would stick..Sometimes foam absorbs a lot of the glue and doesn’t stay adhered….I put a piece of card stock in green that was 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and attached my card front to it and then glued it to the card base.
I stamped the back with my stamp that I had made by Stampanda, and used a Groupon coupon for a big discount.  If you go to this video, and read the info below it, you’ll know how I ordered my stamp.
I stamped the back of the envelope with more stamps from the same LDRS Growing Garden stamp set. I used some flowers from the set.and here’s the link again.   I painted them with my brush pens and they worked well… I had to add a couple of orange colors of Stampin’ Up markers as I didn’t have enough orange in the brush set.
The discount codes that are on the screen for fabric markers are for an upcoming video that I’ll be doing with their fabric markers…

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s