In Love Arts Dies, Making Some Great Cards!

The kind people at sent me these dies and I thought we’d try them out.

Discount Code: 20% off using code G-42879 with no expiration date

Simple Fence die:

Foldable Flower Die-these aren’t flowers, but are nautilus shells that layer…here’s the link:

Lemon Glass Frame Dies:

Spring Beautiful Flower dies:

Dragonfly and flowers dies:

Child Praying under the trees:

The first card I made used both the fence die and the child praying under the trees dies. I took a black card base cut to 8 1/2″ wide by 5 1/2″ tall scored on the 8 1/2″ length at 4 1/4″ to make an A2 sized card. I cut the child praying under the trees out of the center of the front of the card base and then cut a blue piece of cardstock to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and glued it behind the circle I cut, then added foam tape under the child praying under the tree so it’s got some dimension. I had a hello die that I cut out of one scrap of white and cut two more hello’s out of the same blue as the piece I glued behind the child die cut. I glued the three hello’s together so the white shows a little to create more interest, then glued hello to the top near the left side. I used Bearly art glue to glue it in place and glued the fence that I cut out of white scraps…I cut two fences and glued them together. I didn’t add foam tape behind it and it still worked well.

The second card I made uses the lemon glass frame. I made a multi colored straw by cutting out an orange and a yellow straw and then cutting the straws where there’s a line on the straw, every other section, I glued the orange piece over the yellow straw. I used a white card base from Recollections Heavyweight cardstock from Michaels, 5 1/2′ tall by 8 1/2″ wide, scored on the 8 1/2″ length at 4 1/4″ and fold it in half. I added a piece of glittery orange cardstock cut to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and glued it to the front, then cut the jar out of orange cardstock and cut the lemons and oranges out of yellows and oranges, then added white circle punches that are 5/8″ for small lemons/oranges, and 1″ circle punches for the larger lemons/oranges and glued the white to the backs to create the look of a real orange/lemon. I added clear glitter to the front so they look juicy. I added tear tape to the back of the jar, then glued acetate to it and trimmed off any acetate you can see from the front, then added foam tape behind the acetate and then laid the bottom of the jar to the card front and then wet glued the oranges and lemons inside the jar. I also glued the straw through the opening on the jar after I slid it into the jar. I had a sentiment, Hello sunshine” from an old stamp set that I glued to the straw that made it look like a flag.

The third card I made, was done using the nautilus shells that they call foldable flowers, and are actually shells. I used a brown to cut the outline and a tan color for the background. I tore a piece of patterned paper that looked like sand and glued it to the bottom half of the front of an A2 sized pearl blue card base. I used the same patterned paper to stamp the sentiment on and glued it to the top right side of the card base. I added a piece of blue paper to the inside of the card so I have something I can write on. The fourth card I used an A2 sized Recollections Heavyweight white card base that I added a white pearlized cardstock that I ran through a Brutus Monroe called Petal Lace, link: and glued a piece of screen I got at a garage sale near the left side running it from top to bottom, and then took the dragonfly and butterflies that I die cut from black cardstock, and backed them with white cardstock, then trimmed it so you don’t see the white outside of the black outline and put them on foam squares and glued them on an angle to the screen. I added a sentiment on a white scrap “have a happy day” on foam squares to the top right of the card front.

How to make a die cut different colors: Run the die out of a pink color and then again with a green color. Cut the green piece so you snip off the blossoms and then glue the leaves over the pink leaves. I used alcohol markers from Arteza and colored the images in darker pinks and greens and then added clear rhinestones to the flower centers. I hope this gave you some good ideas for how to use dies, and thank the nice people at for sending me their dies.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s